Thursday, February 07, 2008

Car Drama

Sean's got a nice post with all the details and lots of pictures; check it out! But the short version is: at about 1:00 in the morning on Wednesday, as we were settling in to go to sleep, someone plowed into my parked car. It's pretty spectacular, in a bad way. The car is totaled; it got shoved right into my neighbor's car, which is pretty messed up, too. The driver was moderately injured and was taken off to the hospital. He's getting cited for driving with a suspended license, and failure to avoid running into shit.

But everything is working out well so far. Of course it's a hassle to deal with everything, but everyone at the insurance company and etc has been really helpful and things have gone smoothly so far.

The fun part, though, is that we chose to obey Mary Robinette's command and buy a Prius. (It is always wise to do what Mary says.) Our rental car is a Prius, so we've been giving it a nice long test drive--that worked out well. I'll go pick it up as soon as I know how much I'm going to get for my old car. I'd really liked not having a car payment--but on the other hand, Oooh! Shiny!

In other news, BIG CONGRATS to Lisa Mantchev, who's sold a pile of novels. Rock on, Lis.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love my Prius!

I've had mine for 1.5 years.

We've also rented a Honda Civic hybrid--it's got advantages, too (it's faster/zippier, the mileage was about 45+ mpg; it uses gas assist), but the Prius has the hatchback and I get between 50 and 54 mpg (I live in an area with lots of hills/mountains, little flat). The Prius uses more battery power than the Civic.

Did I mention my love for the Prius?

Unknown said...

Oh, uhm, but I'm sorry about your car.

The Prius love distracted me from your difficulty.