Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's not a blog without a cat post


Abby (short for Anklebiter) spent this summer sleeping curled around the base of the toilet. But check out her new fall sleeping space. It's just the right size for her.



Today will be spent proofing the Pirate Issue so that we can get it out to the printers next week. It's amazing how many typos you find. This issue has been edited, copy edited, had the edited text approved by authors, had the galley proofs approved by authors - and still, there's a ton of stuff to catch. Moral of the story: proof early and often - but accept that despite your best efforts, errors will slip through.

And check out Apex's Halloween raffle.

1 comment:

Wordly said...

(I finally found out how to use a Google reader! The things they come up with...)

What a cute picture! My cat, Ernie, used to curl just like that in a pulled-out desk drawer. It had a pillow in it, and he was sort of my writing buddy.

I've never minded typos in books or magazines, not since I realized how slippery the darn things are. They make the whole thing more personable, somehow. That being said, I think you do a great job, as I never notice any typos, so, for what it's worth... :)