Monday, April 16, 2007

It's Done!

The Great Declutter Project of 2007 is officially DONE. Tonight I cleaned out the last closet. The recycling and garbage bins are fairly full, and the car has lots of things for the thrift store.

I think the house is cleaner and less cluttered now than it was when I moved in. It feels great.

Of course, there's still more to do. I didn't include the laundry room or the basement in this project, and I wasn't particularly rigorous in deciding what to throw out, and I didn't even touch the files (do I really need bank statements from 1991? No, I do not. But that is a project for another day.) but damn, it feels really good to have things in such good order.

The next project is to finish deep cleaning the non-closet areas of the house - washing curtains and windows, scrubbing the woodwork, cleaning the floors, all that good stuff. I already did an amazing job on the kitchen, but there's plenty left to do. And then it is time for some rewiring. And after that, dozens of other projects - it never ends.

So why am I on a cleaning and home repair binge? Well, it's always good to keep your house from looking like a crazy person lives there. But the reason I'm doing it right now, of all times, is because my super-nice boyfriend Sean is moving in next week. We are so cute I could just hurl - but it's very, very good.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cuteness.

Artemisin said...

Oh, you guys are so sweet. Hush, don't let word get out or your days as a mega-tough editor will be over and you'll start getting unicorns and stuffed rabbits in your slush

Beth said...

Well, as long as the unicorns are goring the stuffed rabbits, that could work out.

Thanks Sara and Mary!

Wordly said...

Adorable!

Wow, living together is a big step, but Congratulations and have fun! He looks like a super guy, too.

And congratulations, too, on the declutting thingy! Good grief, this is sure turning out to be your year :)