Friday, October 20, 2006

Rough Week

This has been a tricky week. My head feels like it's full of pudding, and all I want to do is sleep. Getting out of bed has required heroic efforts this week - waking up when the alarm goes off has never been one of my strong points, but this week, it's been nearly impossible. And once I did get up, the next steps seemed way beyond me: making coffee, getting dressed, etc. I probably would have called in sick at work a few times, but god, I hate phones, and it was easier to just get dressed and go in to the office.

Good things have happened this week, too, and some awareness of them has even trickled through the pudding in my brain. Some interesting possibilities developed career-wise (though it may take months for anything to be decided). I got a nice letter from a reader who liked The Minotaur's Rabbit in the latest Apex. (Read something you've liked lately? Send the author a message. Make someone's day.) Sean, who is turning out to be the nicest person in the whole world, sent me a bunch of music and an IGMS gift certificate. Despite myself, I made good progress on my mountainous pile of Stuff To Do, both for Shimmer and at work. And it's a lovely crisp fall out there.

Life's good. I just need to stay awake long enough to notice.

1 comment:

Sean Markey said...

butterscotch pudding??

hmm... you are obviously not drinking enough coffee, as I see it.
Well anyway, at least the week is over. That's good news, yeah?