Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Belated Orycon Report

So either I'm a great big procrastinator, or I was just waiting to get some photos to post. You decide!

Orycon was a great deal of fun. I got to hang out with the usual suspects (Mary, Ken Scholes, Jay Lake, and probably a dozen others that I am shamefully neglecting to name-drop) and meet a bunch of great new people.

The highlight for me was the Shimmer party Saturday night. We decided to avoid the room party thing and held it in a spacious salon room, and laid out a lot of good food and wine. Mary and I got all dressed up, which was fun! Stephen Stanley brought the art he's done for us (including a piece I hadn't seen yet for our Winter 2007 issue), and Ken displayed the art Karl Kessel of Marvel Comics fame did for his story. Ken also brought his guitar and I finally got to hear him play! Jen West took a bunch of great pictures, but I haven't seen them yet - so get on it, Jen!

So now it's back to work, just in time for a little holiday break. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: