Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Apparently the blog police are going to arrest me if I don't write a long post listing all the things I'm thankful for. It's good to take a little break and appreciate all the things that are good about your life - I hope I'd do this even without the threat of jail time.

I'm thankful it's Thanksgiving, and not Christmas. Today I'm sleeping late and then eating a lot of really good food with friends - what's not to love? I am thankful for gravy.

I'm thankful I'm healthy. I'm thankful I can do a handstand and put my feet behind my head (not at the same time; I am not that thankful). I'm thankful that I haven't gotten the flu yet this year.

I'm thankful for my job, most of the time; it's great to be paid well for something you enjoy and are good at and that doesn't make you insane most days. I'm thankful for my coworkers Mueller and Mueller, who make it fun to go to work. I'm thankful to my boss for her brilliant advice ("Keep on wanking").

I'm thankful for my friends: Keri, for having such an interesting and dramatic life; Amy for keeping me informed about reality TV; Heather for being so cheerful; Tony and Wendy for martinis and years of friendship; Mary for being superhumanly amazing in all ways; Sean for millions of words of conversation and for his constant kindness and understanding; all the people who I am forgetting to mention for knowing that I love them even if I am not smart enough right now to put their names up here.

I'm thankful for Shimmer, which is growing into something more spectacular than I thought possible, thankful for Mary's incredible contributions to our success, thankful for Elise and Lisa and Cat and David and Susan and Cheryl and Sunil for the work they have done and will continue to do, thankful for our brilliant contributors who allow us to print their work, thankful for our readers and supporters.

And now, I think I'll go take a thankful little nap.

1 comment:

Paul Abbamondi said...

I'm thankful you're thankful so that the thanking police don't come and arrest you.