Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring decluttering....

For the past month or so, I've been busy going through all my stuff and getting rid of as much as I can. I'm not being very rigorous about it: if I have a faint impulse to keep something, it stays - so I'm really only purging crap I have zero interest in.

But despite these low standards, I'm getting rid of an astonishing volume of stuff. Today I took 6 garbage bags full of stuff to the thrift store - and this was at least my third trip there, with a similar volume of Stuff.

Where did all this crap come from? I thought I was pretty good about not having a lot of extraneous stuff, and about keeping what I do have under control. But no. Just bag after bag of stuff I no longer want, much of which I think I never wanted in the first place.

Feels good to get things streamlined and straightened out, though.

So what are you letting go of these days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It feels like we are letting go of everything as we get ready to move. Anyone want some books?

Sean Markey said...

Seriously, a lot of stuff!
Sounds like a good plan, though. Spring cleaning :)