Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Battle of Fort Abbamondi

Upon the advice of several faithful blog readers, I asked Sean to fetch me pillows for a fort, chocolate (cake), wine (in lieu of laudanum), a plant, and some fine reading material. We constructed a fantastic fort, guarded it with a garden gnome, and I settled in to recover.



Suddenly, the fort was attacked! The valiant garden gnome was the first casualty.



After a brief but bloody battle, I was vanquished, and the conquerer set up a writer's workshop in the fort:

Battlefield theatrics aside, my ankle is recovering nicely, and Sean is being very very solicitous.
Happy 4th, y'all.

2 comments:

Paul Abbamondi said...

Neat fort! Still could use some watchdogs or a moat though...

Christie Skipper Ritchotte said...

I wanna blanket fort!